Basic Line Handling & Knots
If it is in the job description for a person to be tying knots their abilities reflect both the professionalism of their employers and also might be the last line of defense between a multi-million dollar yacht and the claims adjuster.
People interested in this course may be marina dock workers, deckhands, or those interested in the basic aspects of seamanship. Topics include:
- Proper vs. incorrect cleat hitches
- How (and when) to tie a bowline
- Surging, checking, and making fast
- Hitches, bends, stoppers
- Three-strand splicing
- Line management, maintenance and care
- Application of different line types
4 hour classroom setting. Classes may be scheduled and presented at private or commercial premises for no additional charge if within a 15 mile radius of the teaching facility, minimum attendance of two.